Currently Hiring – Wedding Planner in Ireland
Join our team of independent local wedding planners, to organise elopements and small destination weddings for couples from all over the world who want to get married in Ireland. Work when, where and how much you want.
These are our non-negotiable requirements for this role:
- Be physically located in Ireland. (Counties Kerry, Cork and Limerick preferred, but other will also be considered.)
- Be a native or fluent English speaker.
- Whilst this is mainly a remote position (work from home or your favorite cafe!), you will still be required to travel within all of Ireland approximately 20+ times a year for maximum 1-2 days per trip. You must therefore have access to a car and hold a full driving license.
- Be able to commit to this role on a long-term (min 2-3 years), on-going, full-time basis (although workload varies between zero and 30+ hours a week depending on the season and your own preferences!)
- Although you can set your own schedule and work whatever hours you want, you still need to sometimes be available for client calls during their time zone (usually your evenings) and some weekends.
Some nice-to-haves that will make it easier for you to do the job well:
- Experience in the wedding or tourism industry is a welcome bonus!
- Enjoy communicating with the clients and suppliers – introverts may find this job stressful.
- Have a genuine interest in all things wedding and customer service – communicating with couples about their big day with the same enthusiasm is crucial to their overall wedding experience.
- Have an active interest in further developing and promoting Ireland as a wedding destination for couples from abroad, for example by scouting new venues and suppliers or submitting your past weddings to blogs.
Everything else you can learn on the job within a few weeks!
We are a small wedding planning agency based across Europe. Our team consists of 10 young professionals all based in different countries and all working remotely (with the exception when on-the-day coordination is required, see Job Description).
We provide all-inclusive packages for destination weddings in Europe to couples from all over the world (although our clients are mainly from the USA and Canada). We focus on intimate weddings from just 2 (the couple themselves, without guests) up to 60 people. The average group size of our weddings is 10-20 people. Sometimes we do receive inquiries for larger weddings. It is up to you to decide if you want to take those bookings.
The most important thing about our service is that it is sold as a package: this shortens the required planning time and makes the planning effort more predictable from the start. It means we can give couples a fixed price for their entire wedding day from the outset, eliminating guesswork and unplanned expenses from their side. For most weddings that we organise, we usually work with the same venues and suppliers (photographers, florists, etc.), but sometimes you will need to research and find new ones.
Your main task is to take care of couples who decide to get married in Ireland through our agency, from beginning to end. We want you to work as an independent person under our brand, but of course we will always be here to help you. You can work when, where and how much you want, as long as you keep the clients happy!
Here is a rough idea how the process usually works:
- Your job begins with answering couple’s enquiries by email – we already have quite an informative website and brochure, so when you get contacted by the couple, they usually know what they are getting.
- After clarifying initial questions via email, most couples usually schedule a consultation call to learn about the packages, to ask questions and often simply to get to know you! (Note that you don’t have to sit by the phone waiting for calls: the couple can only schedule a call with you a few days in advance based on your calendar availability, which you control yourself.) On this call you will gather more information about their requirements and answer any questions they have about planning a wedding in Ireland or our services – we will initially provide you with a list of the most common questions. Note that as our clients are mostly based in US and Canada, so you will sometimes need to be available to do consultation calls in their Time Zone. This will be mostly between 12:00 – 22:00 GMT (or later, if you like). Whether you want to have calls on weekends is up to you too!
- After the call and clarifying last details via email, you will need to check the availability of venues and the suppliers for their chosen date. We already have a very good database of contacts for you to start with and you can always search for more venues and suppliers. The longer you work on this job and establish your relations with suppliers, the easier it gets.
- Planning process:
Once the couple buys one of our packages, your next task is to book the required suppliers (e.g. venue, photographer, celebrant, florist, musician, etc.) You will collect quotes, check availability and complete the booking process up to the point of requesting an invoice from the suppliers. As their dedicated point of contact, you will stay in touch with the couple throughout the planning process and answer any of their questions and help with any additional requests. You will also prepare a detailed event timeline closer to the wedding day and make contact with suppliers again to check final details, confirm timings and logistics.
- On-the-day Coordination:
Sometimes, when the couple specifically requests this, you will need to physically coordinate the wedding (paid extra). This can be anything from 4 – 10 hours on the day. The coordination consists of overseeing that all suppliers arrive on time, that setup on the ceremony and reception happens according to the couple’s wishes, ensuring that everything runs on time and being able to resolve and issue that might arise. The main job of a wedding day coordinator to ensure that the couple and guests are well looked after.
- Post-wedding tasks:
After the big day you need to ensure the couple (and us) get back pictures/video from the photographer/videographer, ask the couple to write us a review, send them a thank-you gift if they write one, submit the wedding to be featured in blogs, etc.
No previous experience in weddings?
No problem! We already work with local planners in several different countries and some of them had no previous experience in wedding planning when they started with us. We provide full training and help with your first enquiries and clients.
Apart from your core responsibility of selling and planning the weddings, there are a few other things you can optionally get involved in to help further promote Ireland for weddings, and increase your earnings at the same time:
– Research and sometimes visit / inspect new venues;
– Help produce texts for our website (though you don’t need to be a writer – just some rough ideas, notes and drafts that our editor can expand on);
– Provide us with feedback about working with clients, the tools you use etc., so we can further improve our services and systems that you work with;
These are not obligatory tasks, but it will help you in getting more weddings booked and help us improve your day-to-day workflow.
PAYMENT, BENEFITS & PERKS OF THE JOB
You will work as an independent contractor/ freelancer (self-employed) and bill your earnings on a monthly basis;
- You earn a generous, percentage-based commission for each wedding;
- You will earn a fixed amount per hour for on-the-day coordination;
- If a venue / supplier pays us commission for the bookings we bring them, these earnings will be shared equally between you and the company;
- We also offer additional bonuses such as when the client leaves you a positive review (on Facebook or other third party website), or when you help to promote Peach Perfect Weddings by having your client’s wedding published in a blog, etc;
- No fixed working hours! You can work at your own pace, when and where you want to – as long as the clients are happy and you are managing your workload;
- We use modern and simple online tools and systems to communicate with clients, manage bookings, communicate with each other, etc. Our aim is to keep workflow easy both for you and the couple, automate wherever possible and eliminate the unnecessary.
Applicants will be expected to undergo 2-3 interviews. The successful applicant will be expected to start in October/November 2020 at the latest, but ideally as soon as possible.
If you think you’re a good fit for this role, please apply by email to [email protected]